Dates - The Canadian Shield
Next Departure: Sunday, August 12, 2018 Trip Status: Available
Prices - The Canadian Shield
14 days / 13 nights
Each trip starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Please contact us for custom departures.
The cost of the trip is $3,225 per person. Because of the physical demands, this trip is restricted to those 13 years old or over. We offer 25% off for those 13 to 17 or over 64.
(Prices are in Canadian Dollars)
Note: at current exchange rates, the regular price is about
- $2495 US dollars
- €2026 Euros
- £1772 British pounds
Payment and Cancellation
A minimum deposit of $50 is required to book any trip, but this deposit does not expire if you need to cancel. It is good for any future trip or you can even transfer it to a friend. The balance is due 45 days before departure. When you pay the deposit and tell us the trip and departure date, we will contact you by email to tell you the balance owing, including optional items such as bike rental or your own room or tent.
Alternatively, you can pay the whole cost at time of booking by selecting a trip on the Booking page. If you are booking fewer than 45 days before departure, the full cost is due on booking.
If you have to cancel your booking, we will hold the amount of the deposit ($50) for a future trip and refund a portion of the balance already paid, based on the number of days before departure:
- More than 90 days: 90%
- 45 - 90 days: 80%
- 10 - 44 days: 50%
- Fewer than 10 days: 0%
For example, if you cancel 57 days before departure and the trip cost is $1,425, we deduct the deposit of $50, leaving $1,375. We then refund 80% of $1,375 or $1,100.
If Hard Maple cancels the trip for any reason (such as insufficient bookings), you receive a full refund, including your deposit. We suggest that you wait until the trip status is "Guaranteed" before booking your flight or transportation to Ottawa.
- Transportation from Ottawa to the starting point near Mattawa, Ontario
- Experienced guides throughout the trip
- Support vehicle for luggage, except while canoeing
- All hotels and accommodation
- Transportation to the trail head in northern Ontario
- All meals and food as per the itinerary
- Canoes, life jackets, paddles, and throw rope/bailer
- Tents, sleeping pads, and camping and cooking gear
- All camping fees for provincial parks
- Transportation from Kingston to Ottawa at the end of the trip
What's not included:
- Sleeping bag(s) (can be rented)
- Backpack for use in portaging (can be rented)
- Rental bicycle if you are not bringing your own
- Single accommodation in tents or hotels
- Other items as described in these details